1. I’m a cold-weather lover. Well, within reason. I’ve always lived in the south, so this probably affects my perception of “cold”. But still, the creative part of me thrives on and loves the short days and coziness of winter. But apparently even I have my limit. Enough with the cold. Enough with the snow and ice and freezing rain. It’s the end of March, and I am SO beyond ready for spring this year!
2. I have been reminded this month of the goodness and graciousness of God in providing me and surrounding me with good friends that I connect with on a deep soul level. He knows He created me to need that. I do not take friendships lightly, and the Lord has blessed me beyond what I could ask or imagine. And this week has been packed with meals and movies and car rides and Bible Studies and coffee dates and phone conversations with my people. My cup is full to overflowing! Such a precious gift.
3. I am actually capable of trimming my own hair and not messing it up royally. Win!
4. The new Vanilla Macchiato at Starbucks didn’t impress me. At all. I’ll stick with my usual Caramel Macchiato, thank you very much.
5. And finally, this. Because y’all, I barely have words to explain how powerful it is that in John 17, in His priestly prayer, Jesus Christ says His desire is that WE may be with HIM, so that we would see His glory and know His love. This is HUGE and continues to blow my mind a full week after recognizing the sheer beauty of this truth:
“Father, I desire that they also, whom You have given Me,
be with Me where I am, so that they may see My glory which You have given Me,
for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.”
John 17:24 (NASB)
*linking up today with Emily P. Freeman at Chatting at the Sky as we all share different things we learned in March*