Because sometimes you just need to get away for a weekend of nothingness, and the beach is one of my favorite places to go for that, last weekend my roommate, B, and I headed to Ocean Isle Beach for a relaxing and low-key couple of days full of beach time, no schedules, afternoon naps, reading, comfy clothes, chinese take-out, sunshine, resting, enjoying the little things, and chasing beauty. I left my big camera at home this time, but here are a few instagram shots from the trip…
1. The beach is pretty much my favorite place. Ever.
2. This here blog has a new look. Nothing too drastic, but if you usually read through a feed reader or via email, you should click over and check it out!
3. There’s just something about watering plants on a Saturday evening that makes me want to embrace my inner child and play in the hose.
4. This makes my heart happy and is just plain goodness:
“Blessed be the Lord! For he has heard the voice of my pleas for mercy.
The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.”
- Psalm 28:6-7
5. I’m currently eating a bowl of cocoa puffs (yes, at 10:30pm) and watching the season premiere of Covert Affairs (love that show!), so I’m gonna get back to that now. . .good night!
The Ocean Isle Beach pier at sunrise.
I’ve had almost no energy to invest in blogging anything of consequence this week, so rather than trying to force a post with minimal quality, I pretty much just took the week off. Regular posting will resume next week. Until then, another photo from Roatan because that place was gorgeous! Seriously, check out at that water!
Right now, I’m sitting in Tampa after spending the last seven days cruising the Caribbean with three friends. More to come, but for now, enjoy this photo from the beautiful island of Roatan.